Support to Life is a humanitarian organization established by a group of professionals from academic and humanitarian backgrounds in 2005.
Our work is conducted under the framework of four program areas - Emergency Response, Refugee Support, Child Labor in Seasonal Agriculture, and Capacity Building. We focus on improving the lives of individuals affected by natural and manmade disasters, such as war and forced migration. We implement emergency operations in disaster situations, we help most vulnerable segments of refugee and host communities meet their basic needs and rights; we combat child labor in seasonal agriculture and we strive towards a more disaster-resilient civil society ecosystem.
We are implementing our work in 10 provinces in Turkey, with a team of 300 professionals, and we collaborate with local partners in 12 provinces. We give utmost importance to upholding Support to Life principles (neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability).
You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org to learn more about our work, and take a look at our annual activity panorama here. Timely information about our activities is regularly shared via our social media accounts.
Hayata Destek is looking for Community Based Protection and Advocacy Sector Manager (remote working).
|Main duties and responsibilities|
- Provide technical guidance and support to Support to Life (STL) ,implement and create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on all community-based protection related issues.
- Support the design, implementation and evaluation of community based protection centred and solutions oriented programming with implementing and operational partners guaranteeing that community-owned activities integrated.
- Support communities and outreach team in establishing representation and coordination structures
- Support the Operation’s work to fully integrate the community based protection strategy into the Protection Strategy
- Support the inclusion of participatory, community-based protection and diversity approaches in strategies and protection program plan/strategy.
- Prepare guidelines for volunteers’ engagement and management, including staff supervision, work flow and organization roles of teams and volunteers
- Develop strategies and approaches for community engagement in project implementation including integration of certain groups of people, such as; refugees, people with disability, women.
- Leading and managing processes of a strategic advocacy plan according to Community based approach and STL’s transitition strategy
- Revising policies related to advocacy; and preparing protection monitoring reports with support of team members
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of feedback and response systems for persons of concern to STL, including child-friendly feedback mechanisms, mobile teams,case management and outreach teams, in line with relevant SOPs including development of referral pathways, service mapping.
- Represent STL at different meetings, including the Community Based Protection Working Group and other coordination mechanism and establish relationships and coordination mechanisms with relevant task for and Working Groups.
Team Management Responsibilities
- Assisting and coaching field level Outreach teams for working with commities and volunteers.
- Overall supervision for outreach teams and lawyer, management and conceptualization of projects and activities of outreach, community mobilization, communication with communities,advocacy activities.
- Supervising and facilitating relevant colleaques related all processes in close coordination and synchronization with field and HQ level. Conducting regular unit supervision meetings with them.
- Trying to standardise the Outreach Team’s technical competencies in terms of Community Based Protection and Advocacy activities.Being sure about the principle level knowledge of Outreach Officers and Lawyer for Community Based,Advocacy and Transitition strategy. Trying to fill up determined skill development topics.
- Supporting new team members’ orientation stages with structural manner.
Collaborative working Responsibilities
- Work with relevant colleaques to develop STL’s Community Based and advocacy strategies, policies, tactics and tools. That includes developing the advocacy campaigns that serve the organization, and supervision of implementing them.
- Constantly analyse community situation to adjust community based and advocacy strategies and systems that works to achieve program goals covering all programs in coordination with Program Development and Quality protection team and outreach team.
- Provide trainings for project staff members with Capacity Building and Program Development and Quality Protection team
- Develop monitoring and evaluation systems with MEAL for STL’s Community Based Protection and advocacy activities, including tools preparation, monitoring exercises and reporting
- Support STL’s senior management in project design and planning to include transition and Community Based Strategy
- Support the identification of information needs, design of communication materials, including leaflets, posters, campaigns, online platforms with Communication team and use of two-way communication channels that address the information needs raised by persons of concern and are accessible to persons with different age, gender, and diversity characteristics.
- Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Community Development, Law, Human Rights, Humanitarian response
- Minimum four years of experience in project management, implementation of community-based and advocacy activities
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working directly with persons affected by conflict and/or displacement as part of projects focused on participation and inclusion, communication and transparency, feedback and response, organizational learning, and adaptation.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish.
- Significant experience in facilitating trainings and conducting capacity building activities for staff, persons of concern and/or local actors.
- Team-building skills, able to effectively mobilize, monitor and motivate staff.
- Proven problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Outgoing with effective communication skills.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child safeguarding and gender based equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.