Support to Life: Internationally renowned humanitarian aid organization founded with the principal objective of ensuring access to basic rights and needs for individuals and communities affected by natural or human-made disasters. Founded in 2005 by 5 women academics and humanitarian aid workers, STL carries out activities in Emergency Response and Preparedness, Refugee Support, Child Protection and Capacity Building in Civil Society, to improve the living conditions of people affected by natural or human-made disasters in Turkey.
STL supports access to basic rights and essential needs; aims to eliminate the risks for children living under dire conditions giving priority to seasonal agricultural workers; provides immediate aid services at times of disasters. Besides, STL works towards a civil society well-prepared to disasters.
STL works with the support of a headquarter based in Kadıköy/Istanbul and with field offices located in 12 provinces in Turkey (Adana, Adıyaman, Ankara, Batman, Diyarbakır, Hatay, İstanbul, İzmir, Kahramanmaraş, Mardin, Mersin, Şanlıurfa) as well as mobile teams.
STL gives utmost importance to upholding the humanitarian principles —neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability— in the projects it develops and implements with a team of around 350 professionals and the support of international and local donors. You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org or check our social media accounts to learn more about our work.
Hayata Destek is looking for Education Sector Manager (remote working).
|Main duties and responsibilities|
- Provide technical guidance and support to STL ,implement and create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on all education related issues.
- Support the design, implementation and evaluation of education centred and solutions oriented programming with implementing and operational partners guaranteeing that community-owned activities integrated.
- Support education worker and education team member in establishing representation and coordination structures
- Support the Operation’s work to fully integrate the education strategy into the Protection Strategy
- Support the inclusion of participatory, education and diversity approaches in strategies and protection program plan/strategy.
- Prepare guidelines for volunteers’ engagement and management, including education worker supervision, work flow and organization roles of teams and volunteers
- Develop strategies and approaches for education in project implementation including integration of certain groups of people, such as; refugees, people with disability, women.
- Leading and managing processes of a strategic education plan according to STL’s protection strategy.
- Revising policies related to advocacy; and preparing protection monitoring reports with support of team members
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of feedback and response systems for persons of concern to STL, including child-friendly feedback mechanisms, mobile teams,education and outreach teams, in line with relevant SOPs including development of referral pathways, service mapping.
- Represent STL at different meetings, including the Education Working Group and other coordination mechanism and establish relationships and coordination mechanisms with relevant task force and Working Groups.
Team Management Responsibilities
- Assisting and coaching field level Education teams for working with relevant teams.
- Overall supervision for education team, management and conceptualization of projects and activities of
- Supervising and facilitating relevant colleaques related all processes in close coordination and synchronization with field and HQ level. Conducting regular unit supervision meetings with them.
- Trying to standardise the Education Team’s technical competencies in terms of Education activities.Being sure about the principle level knowledge of Education Strategy and activity of STL. Trying to fill up determined skill development topics.
- Supporting new team members’ orientation stages with structural manner.
Collaborative working Responsibilities
- Work with relevant colleaques to develop STL’s Education strategies, policies, tactics and tools. That includes developing the advocacy campaigns that serve the organization, and supervision of implementing them.
- Constantly analyse community situation to adjust Education strategies and systems that works to achieve program goals covering all programs in coordination with Program Development and Quality protection team and education field
- Provide trainings for project staff members with Capacity Building and Program Development and Quality Protection team
- Develop monitoring and evaluation systems with MEAL for STL’s Education activities, including tools preparation, monitoring exercises and reporting.
- Support STL’s senior management in project design and planning to include Education Strategy
- Support the identification of information needs, design of communication materials, including leaflets, posters, campaigns, online platforms with Communication team and use of two-way communication channels that address the information needs raised by persons of concern and are accessible to persons with different age, gender, and diversity characteristics.
- Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Graduation of Education Faculty,Pedagogy
- Minimum four years of experience in project management, implementation of community-based and advocacy activities
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working directly with persons affected by conflict and/or displacement as part of projects focused on participation and inclusion, communication and transparency, feedback and response, organizational learning, and adaptation.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish.
- Significant experience in facilitating trainings and conducting capacity building activities for staff, persons of concern and/or local actors.
- Team-building skills, able to effectively mobilize, monitor and motivate staff.
- Proven problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Outgoing with effective communication skills.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child safeguarding and gender based equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”