Support to Life: Internationally renowned humanitarian aid organization founded with the principal objective of ensuring access to basic rights and needs for individuals and communities affected by natural or human-made disasters. Founded in 2005 by 5 women academics and humanitarian aid workers, STL carries out activities in Emergency Response and Preparedness, Refugee Support, Child Protection and Capacity Building in Civil Society, to improve the living conditions of people affected by natural or human-made disasters in Turkey.
STL supports access to basic rights and essential needs; aims to eliminate the risks for children living under dire conditions giving priority to seasonal agricultural workers; provides immediate aid services at times of disasters. Besides, STL works towards a civil society well-prepared to disasters.
STL works with the support of a headquarter based in Kadıköy/Istanbul and with field offices located in 12 provinces in Turkey (Adana, Adıyaman, Ankara, Batman, Diyarbakır, Hatay, İstanbul, İzmir, Kahramanmaraş, Mardin, Mersin, Şanlıurfa) as well as mobile teams.
STL gives utmost importance to upholding the humanitarian principles —neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability— in the projects it develops and implements with a team of around 350 professionals and the support of international and local donors. You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org or check our social media accounts to learn more about our work.
STL is looking for an Emergency Projects Manager for each of its emergency hubs in Kahramanmaraş. All duties and responsibilities listed below are under the supervision of the Area Coordinator.
|Main duties and responsibilities|
Overall Project Management and Monitoring
- Ensuring timely and high quality delivery of project activities by following project logframes, work plans and budgets for all projects implemented in the field
- Close monitoring of all project targets, activities and budgets
- Ensuring compliance of all project activities with STL policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements
- Ensuring donor visibility in all relevant project activities
- Properly filing and storing all project related documentation
- Producing communication and media material (photos, social media posts, blogs, interviews, case studies) from project activities in the field
- Supporting the drafting of new concept notes and proposals linked to STL’s response strategy
- Supporting the Field Coordinator with all operational staffing and structure needs of emergency projects
- Taking on additional responsibilities as assigned by the Field Coordinator
Principled Project Implementation and Program Quality
- Drafting updated oversight of humanitarian context and changing needs in the field
- Supporting multi-sectoral assessments and ensuring assessment findings are documented and shared with all relevant field and HQ teams
- Drafting situation reports, project reports and donor-specific deliverables
- Supporting humanitarian principles, CHS benchmarks, SPHERE guidelines, STL code of conduct, PSEA and child safeguarding principles and protection mainstreaming is followed at the field level
- Supporting the planning and delivery of staff orientation and capacity workshops in sectoral and cross-cutting themes
- Following programmatic support from HQ for all emergency response projects in the field
- Collaborating with HQ MEAL to ensure that monitoring & evaluation and accountability processes are in place and compliant with STL MEAL benchmarks
- Following CFCM (community feedback and complaint mechanism) at the field level and ensuring that feedback is incorporated into project design and learning
Representation and Coordination
- Attending relevant sector/field level coordination mechanisms and securing timely information flow
- Taking host or co-lead position in coordination groups where relevant
- Engaging effectively with donor/partner focals at the field level
- Visiting regularly and representing STL with national and local authorities and all other relevant stakeholders at the field level
- Ensuring appropriate, transparent and supportive communication lines with the field project teams and STL HQ program teams,
- Bachelors or Master degree university diploma
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience preferably in humanitarian and/or development
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish
- Previous experience of managing multi-sector, multi-donor projects and large budgets
- Committed to community engagement, participation and accountability to affected populations
- Experience of high level representation
- Ability to write good quality reports
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of tolerance, respect for diversity, and diplomacy
- Team building skills with ability to effectively mobilize, monitor and motivate staff
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive and outgoing with effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult circumstances
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child safeguarding and gender based equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”