Support to Life: Internationally renowned humanitarian aid organization founded with the principal objective of ensuring access to basic rights and needs for individuals and communities affected by natural or human-made disasters. Founded in 2005 by 5 women academics and humanitarian aid workers, STL carries out activities in Emergency Response, Refugee Support, Child Protection and Capacity Building in Civil Society, to improve the living conditions of people affected by natural or human-made disasters in Turkey.
STL supports access to basic rights and essential needs; aims to eliminate the risks for children living under dire conditions giving priority to seasonal agricultural workers; provides immediate aid services at times of disasters. Besides, STL works towards a civil society well-prepared to disasters.
STL works with the support of a headquarter based in Kadıköy/Istanbul and with field offices located in 12 provinces in Turkey (Adana, Adıyaman, Ankara, Batman, Diyarbakır, Hatay, İstanbul, İzmir, Kahramanmaraş, Mardin, Mersin, Şanlıurfa) as well as mobile teams.
STL gives utmost importance to upholding the humanitarian principles —neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability— in the projects it develops and implements with a team of around 350 professionals and the support of international and local donors. You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org or check our social media accounts to learn more about our work.
Support to Life is looking Grant and Partnerships Manager (remote working).
|Main Duties and Responsibilities:|
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, Grant and Partnerships Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the grant process as well as upholding STL’s partnership approach both with donors and local partners. More specifically, Grant and Partnerships Manager will be handling the following tasks:
Partnership Strategy and Support
- Shaping STL’s strategy on partnerships, both with donors/intermediaries and local partners
- Leading the overall management of all STL partnerships
- Defining and upholding STL’s position as implementing partner to intermediaries and donors
- Playing an active role in localization advocacy in relation to STL’s lead in the Localization Advocacy Group and the Local Humanitarian Forum
- Providing guidance and support to STL project teams that work with local partners
- Coordinating the proposal development process of ongoing programs in coordination with operations, program and support (finance, HR, supply chain and communications) teams
- Handling all due diligence processes as required by donors
- Managing all partnership/project agreements, annexes, MoUs, and other documentation related to the project
- Ensuring all documents to be signed with the donor are in line with STL partnership strategy and is approved by relevant departments and STL management
Grant Management and Administration
- Staying up to date with all institutional donor guidelines
- Acquiring and disseminating updated information regarding donor formats (proposal and reports) and other donor-related information to operations, program, finance, HR, supply chain and communication staff
- Where needed, facilitating training for program, operations, and support department staff on compliance and other grant related issues
- Compiling all reports from the field teams to ensure high-quality, well-written, and timely reports to donors
- Following communications and visibility actions to ensure compliance with donor requirements
- Handling all grant-related communication and diplomacy with the donor
- Overseeing a comprehensive information management and filing system to ensure all grant agreements, reports, key correspondences and others are appropriately filed in hard and soft copy.
- Supporting other program initiatives/work streams/tasks as assigned
- Preparing periodic progress reports and tables to be shared with STL management
- Supervising Heads of Projects in monitoring progress of ongoing projects
- Ensuring key project documents are shared with Field Coordinators and relevant Project Managers
- Coordinating project kick-off, review, and closing/lessons learnt meetings with all relevant departments
- Coordinating narrative and finance reporting processes, including reviews, monitoring, and feedback
- Ensuring regular and timely scheduling, preparation, and facilitation of all project related meetings
- Keeping track of budgeted versus actual in terms of targets and budgets
- Ensuring Field Coordinators and Project Managers are informed about any discrepancy and delays in overall program implementation
- Providing leadership and strategic guidance for Heads of Projects to ensure successful management and coordination of the projects in line with STL strategies
- Setting and monitoring the key performance indicators for Heads of Projects and ensuring systematic feedback
- Bachelors or Masters degree from a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a project/program management or grant management position
- Financial management skills are an asset
- Solid knowledge and experience in multiple donor rules and regulations
- Diplomacy skills in donor communication
- Strong skills and proven experience in proposal development, budgeting, and report writing
- Ability to analyze data, develop alternatives and evaluate options
- Experience in working across functional teams and in a matrixed structure
- High level of self-awareness and willingness to take feedback for growth and self-development
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, representation and advocacy skills
- Skills in training, coaching and mentorship is an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child safeguarding and gender based equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”