Support to Life: Internationally renowned humanitarian aid organization founded with the principal objective of ensuring access to basic rights and needs for individuals and communities affected by natural or human-made disasters. Founded in 2005 by 5 women academics and humanitarian aid workers, STL carries out activities in Emergency Response, Refugee Support, Child Protection and Capacity Building in Civil Society, to improve the living conditions of people affected by natural or human-made disasters in Turkey.
STL supports access to basic rights and essential needs; aims to eliminate the risks for children living under dire conditions giving priority to seasonal agricultural workers; provides immediate aid services at times of disasters. Besides, STL works towards a civil society well-prepared to disasters.
STL works with the support of a headquarter based in Kadıköy/Istanbul and with field offices located in 12 provinces in Turkey (Adana, Adıyaman, Ankara, Batman, Diyarbakır, Hatay, İstanbul, İzmir, Kahramanmaraş, Mardin, Mersin, Şanlıurfa) as well as mobile teams.
STL gives utmost importance to upholding the humanitarian principles —neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability— in the projects it develops and implements with a team of around 350 professionals and the support of international and local donors. You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org or check our social media accounts to learn more about our work.
Support to Life is looking IM Assistant (remote working).
|Main Duties and Responsibilities:|
MEAL Database Development:
- Contributing to the interface designs and testing throughout the development MEAL Database software,
- Maintain the software systems, by keeping the systems up, running, and carrying out such routines as backup and recovery,
- Supporting testing processes and troubleshooting as needed for the MEAL database,
- Follow up with and regularly reporting the feedbacks from users to improve the performance of Information Management systems,
- Updating regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Supporting Learning Expert and IM Expert in streamlining the data/information flow and requirements along.
Testing and Piloting
- Collecting database development requests from users and reporting to related experts regarding development and testing processes for significant development,
- Supporting the test process, and keeping an eye on all the feedback to handle bugs, errors, and malfunctions and report the required changes,
- Follow up with the feedbacks from users to improve the performance of IM systems,
- Implementing surveys from time to time to ensure that the performance of IM systems is acceptable.
- Train staff and end-users to ensure proper use of the IM systems and related technologies to manage data effectively.
- Organise IM training (When needed) to staff about used IM technologies.
- In coordination with the IM Expert, consolidate collected data and design reports in a concise and organized manner.
- Contributing while generating regular and ad-hoc reports in coordination with the MEAL Manager and IM Expert and others when needed.
- Maintain coordination with Information and Communication Technology-related staff and vendors.
- Ensuring all projects and ad-hoc reports are updated and working properly.
- Writing PowerBI DAX or MQuery codes in case of needed.
Hayata Destek 360
- Supporting the development of Support to Life 360 digital education content (post-reading, checking revisions, following feedback, user experience tests),
- Answering and following up the questions sent to the Support to Life 360 technical support e-mail address,
- Source research for Support to Life 360 digital library, uploading resources.
- Related educational background from computer, engineering and information management graduations.
- Demonstrable one year work experience or internship experience.
- Be familiar to use PowerBI DAX and MQuery.
- Good understanding of engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation with adaptable communication skills.
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child safeguarding and gender based equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”