Support to Life is a humanitarian organization established by a group of professionals from academic and humanitarian backgrounds in 2005.
Our work is conducted under the framework of four program areas - Emergency Response, Refugee Support, Child Labor in Seasonal Agriculture, and Capacity Building. We focus on improving the lives of individuals affected by natural and manmade disasters, such as war and forced migration. We implement emergency operations in disaster situations, we help most vulnerable segments of refugee and host communities meet their basic needs and rights; we combat child labor in seasonal agriculture and we strive towards a more disaster-resilient civil society ecosystem.
We are implementing our work in 10 provinces in Turkey, with a team of 300 professionals, and we collaborate with local partners in 12 provinces. We give utmost importance to upholding Support to Life principles (neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability).
You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org to learn more about our work, and take a look at our annual activity panorama here. Timely information about our activities is regularly shared via our social media accounts.
Hayata Destek is looking for MEAL Officer (remote working).
|Main duties and responsibilities|
- Supporting project proposal development by providing input to and facilitating the consolidation of the logical frameworks
- Developing and ensuring adherence to MEAL plans for the projects
- Supporting MEAL department and project teams to develop and use appropriate MEAL tools for data collection, data analysis and data visualization (surveys, forms, database, data analysis software, online data collection platforms, indicator tracking systems, dashboards, etc.)
- Supervising the collection of relevant data from the field; analysing and reporting it
- Supporting the STL information management processes in the area of responsibility
- Developing and proofreading all reports in the area of responsibility (needs assessment reports, monitoring reports, impact evaluation reports etc.)
- Maintaining the MEAL data according to STL data protection principles
- Training field staff in using MEAL tools and on MEAL related procedures within the organization
- Ensuring Accountability and Learning is integrated into the MEAL plans and the project implementation
- Working together with MEAL Team members to strengthen STL’s overall MEAL capacity in accordance with Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the field of social sciences, statistics or development studies. Master's degree is an asset
- Minimum 2-year experience in humanitarian sector. Monitoring evaluation, accountability and learning experience preferably with INGOs or NGOs in humanitarian sector is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Turkish. Knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish and/or Persian will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods (i.e. Kobo, Google forms...) and analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proven advanced skills of MS Excel knowledge (such as index match, conditional formatting, pivot tables and reporting, and data simulations)
- Power BI key skills, such as importing data, manipulating data, managing relationships, working with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX), and building visualizations and reports, is a strong asset
- Ability to write clear and effective assessment and project reports
- Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation
- Ability to operate as part of a team in a multi-cultural, value-driven work environment, and to perform tasks in sensitivity to the local culture
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation with adaptable communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload and deadlines, and maintain ethical and professional conduct
- Willingness to travel within Turkey
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child safeguarding and gender based equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”