Support to Life: Internationally renowned humanitarian aid organization founded with the principal objective of ensuring access to basic rights and needs for individuals and communities affected by natural or human-made disasters. Founded in 2005 by 5 women academics and humanitarian aid workers, STL carries out activities in Emergency Response, Refugee Support, Child Protection and Capacity Building in Civil Society, to improve the living conditions of people affected by natural or human-made disasters in Turkey.
STL supports access to basic rights and essential needs; aims to eliminate the risks for children living under dire conditions giving priority to seasonal agricultural workers; provides immediate aid services at times of disasters. Besides, STL works towards a civil society well-prepared to disasters.
STL works with the support of a headquarter based in Kadıköy/Istanbul and with field offices located in 12 provinces in Turkey (Adana, Adıyaman, Ankara, Batman, Diyarbakır, Hatay, İstanbul, İzmir, Kahramanmaraş, Mardin, Mersin, Şanlıurfa) as well as mobile teams.
STL gives utmost importance to upholding the humanitarian principles —neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability— in the projects it develops and implements with a team of around 350 professionals and the support of international and local donors. You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org or check our social media accounts to learn more about our work.
Support to Life is looking MEAL Officer for İstanbul field.
|Main Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Supporting all MEAL related activities from the field level and observe the programmatic quality with close interactions and collaborations with field level project teams.
- Supplying timely and direct reminds to field managers about the programmatic state of affairs.
- Supporting MEAL Unit and project teams to develop and use appropriate MEAL tools for data collection, data analysis and data visualization (surveys, forms, database, data analysis software, online data collection platforms, indicator tracking systems, dashboards, etc.)
- Assisting the field managers regarding with field level research, data analysing, thematic and regional need assessment studies and other ad hoc reports.
- Following up the all emergency project activities in terms of their appropriateness to PSEA (Prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse) priorities, participatory implementation approach, Result Based Monitoring(RBM) and effectiveness.
- Ensuring Post Distribution Monitoring(PDM) reports and Knowledge Attitude and Practise (KAP) Surveys for in the scope of post assistance evaluations.
- Providing programmatic quality perspectives and early reminding alerts to responsible managers to increase ultimate quality of intervention.
- Prioritising the programmatic quality and advising the field team ensuring all implementation in a dignified and professional manner. Supervising the collection of relevant data from the emergency field; analyzing and reporting it.
- Facilitate the STL information management processes for the projects under his/her responsibility.
- Developing and proofreading all reports in the area of responsibility (needs assessment reports, monitoring reports, impact evaluation reports etc).
- Facilitate the CFCM related field level data management procedures.
- Support to M&E and Reporting Expert, MEAL Manager and Field Coordinator for all kind of ad hoc reports and unpredicted works and studies.
- Working in close collaboration with Project Managers for donor reporting preparedness.
- Bachelor degree in Statics, Economy, Engineer
- Proficiency on MS Office programs and familiar to PowerBI program.
- Experience on kobotoolbox, google survey and similar survey programs.
- Analytic thinking approach and preferably engineering, statistic and economy graduation.
- At least 2 years solid Monitoring and Evaluation experience.
- Willingness to learning and openness to enhance individual capacity regarding MEAL topics.
- Be familiar to working remotely and experienced with using sharepoint, onedrive, teams, zoom and similar programs.
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child safeguarding and gender based equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.